Full medical insurance without co-payments or waiting period, and repatriation for expats who want to obtain residence permits.
What is Adeslas Expats?
- It is a complete medical insurance policy within the Spanish territory
- It covers the expenses of hospitalization from the first day until discharge, as long as the assistance to the hospital occurs after the insurance has come into effect
- Complies with the requirement of being the most similar to the public social security
- Includes repatriation insurance to the country of origin due to loss of life
- For ages 0-70 and subject to a medical questionnaire
Spouses and children can be included as long as the policyholder has a passport
- For people who want to become residents in Spain, for which it is required to have private insurance
- Can be paid annually or in a single payment. The contract is nonbreakable for 12 months.
As an Insured of the Adeslas Expats you receive the following
1.Consultations and hospitalizations:
- Consultant specialist visit
- Outpatient surgery
- Hospitalization in a hospital
- Day hospitalization
2. Special diagnostic techniques:
- Special clinical analysis: karyotypes, genotypes, immunohistochemistry, molecular biology
- Specialized radiology: angiorradiology, digital angiography, interventional radiology, positron emission tomography (PET), nuclear magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computed axial tomography (CT or Scanner)
- Cardiocirculatory system: ergometry, vascular hemodynamics, holter
- Nuclear medicine
- Fibroendoscopies: all types
- Neurophysiology: sleep studies
- Gynecology: amniocentesis and amnioscopy
- Ophthalmology: angiofluoresceingraphies
- Urology: urodynamic studies
- Genetic tests
- Oncology: chemotherapy, immunotherapy, cobalt therapy, radiotherapy, and radioactive isotope
- Rehabilitation: all techniques
- Oxygen therapy, ventilation therapy, and home therapy spray
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Renal lithotripsy
- Laser therapy
- Peritoneal dialysis and hemodialysis treatments
- Pain unit treatment
Adeslas Expats * requirements
Easy payment methods
Transferwise, Paypal, Wire Transfer
This insurance is designed for expats, so it’s an essential requirement to have a passport with a photo, for the medical insurance procedure.
Reside in Spain *
In addition we will need a telephone number and an email address, (to start the process it is not necessary to have an address in Spain).
*Not valid in Asturias, Cantabria, Navarra and Basque country
It covers you until your 70th birthday.
Medical questionnarie required
In order to be approved for this insurance, there is a mandatory medical questionnaire. You must be in perfect health to be accepted.
1 year minimum contract
This is an annual insurance policy and must be in force for at least one year.
Features of the Expatriate insurance
- No co-payments for any use of health insurance
NO WAITING PERIOD (ZERO) 0
- This insurance created to be similar to public health has no waiting period (completely eliminated) You can access all the specialties and methods of diagnosis and hospitalization from the first day of your health insurance.
- In case of a calamity you have repatriation insurance included, to take you to where you are to be with your loved ones for a farewell
What is the regulation for non-residents?
Recently a reform has been made that affects the legal regime that regulates the entry, free movement and residence of EU citizens in Spain and their families.
As a result of this reform, citizens (even if they belong to the European Union) are required to reside in Spain for a period of over 3 months, as one of the requirements they must meet to contract health insurance and to be able to obtain the residence card.
What requirements do expats need to contract this insurance policy?
Community and non-EU citizens who wish to reside in Spain must prove that they have health insurance contracted in Spain or in another country, as long as they provide full coverage in Spain equivalent to that provided by the National Health System. This means that insurance is required where there is no specification of co-payments for any medical act, and without waiting periods, so that from the first moment the insured can be hospitalized for any medical problem that is included in coverage.
Who is required to have health insurance in order to obtain a residence permit?
Health insurance is required by those from:
- Any country in the European Union, and abroad (Russia, Canada, USA, Latin America, India, China, etc.)
- Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein
- Not required for students or people who don’t work in Spain
Likewise, the obligation to contract health insurance also applies to those who intend to reside in Spain for more than 3 months:
- Spouse or registered domestic partnership
- Children under 21 years of age (of the community citizen or their spouse or partner)
- Children over 21 years of age living at home (of the community citizen or their spouse or partner)
- Elderly family members living at home (of the community citizen or their spouse or partner).
Does this only affect E.U. citizens?
No, it affects all foreigners who want to reside in Spain. What changed in the new regulations is that up to now it was not required to have health insurance for citizens who belonged to the European Union.
How long should medical insurance for expats be maintained?
At least 12 months from signing-up, although during that time a residence permit will be acquired and a public health card will be obtained.